Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Inspiration



As we are getting our stuff together in the Outlavws workshop, there is a hope to start tearing the car down in a month or so. Meanwhile the days are getting shorter, and the time for collecting inspiration increasing. I have been lucky to see the Norwegian car "Thündersodder" a couple of times, and this car sets a new standard. I really like the vintage-race feel of the car.
The attitude Øystein gave this car really is a inspiration to me. I look at my own pictures and the Ultra VW story quite often. I'm not going to copy-cat this car by any means, but hope to catch some of the attitude. I will stick to a more "stock" appearance, because my zwitter has a lot of correct parts, that not will be replaced.
I once said that the goal for the project is to build a "50ies Cal-looker", meaning a "outlaws-cal-look" built like it would have been in the 50ies. But I know my projects always change a lot during the restoration period... stay tuned and see the result =)

No comments: