Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Engine building


Last winter I buildt this 1600 DP engine for my Ruby red 66. It was all stock inside with some collected 70 ies tuning parts. A weber DCN bolted to a Trimco manifold, a Mallory dualpoint distributor, a power pulley and a glaspack muffler and header was "bolt on" parts.
I also ordered a custom made chromed stack for the weber from Pierce manifolds in the US. Unfornately the weber didn't play along when I fired the engine a week before Bug Run. All parts was changed back to stock, and in the 12 th hour I found that the problem was a broken push rod. The time was not there to tear the engine down again, and I drove the whole summer with the stock setup. The car with the 1600 was sold this autumn. BUT all the good parts is still laying on the shelf, waiting to be used again. This time I'm thinking more in the direction of a 30 Hp to start with...(another posting on future dreams, awaiting the workshop to be completed)

No comments: