Thursday, November 09, 2006

Fender off


I removed the OG zwitter trim from the body, and have stored it safely. They are really the pride and joy of the car, along with the OG window trim. Then I started to remove the front right fender. I have given all the bolts 3 rounds of WD40 since july. They all seemed soaked in rust solvent when I started today. To be sure I gave the bolts some heating, and some light hammering, before trying to turn them. The result was 2 loose bolts, the rest broke off. A little frustrating, but what can you do? The solution will be drillig them out, and try to etablish new threads. If not, I will drill out the spotwelds on the welding nuts and replace them. The fender it self need a little welding, but beeing a OG split fender, it looked very nice. Removing the fender revealed no surprises otherwise, and I'm happy.

No comments: